Monday 2 November 2009

Please Don't Enter

Some days even being a supermodel you just don't feel like having your picture taken. Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld is notorious for keeping his glasses on to keep the world out. Well here are a few others following his lead.


All pictures via marija strajnic 
To be honest today I want to keep the world out. I desire to hide away in a little cave so I don't have to deal with what is going on. The company where I work is laying a whole bunch of people off and today I have a meeting about my position being made redundant. Ho hum. It's been a weird old year for me and I guess you could say it's one of those times in life where it feels like the rug has been pulled out from under my feet. I could get all philosophical on you right now but nah.  I'm not ashamed to say today I need a mask and for me that is a pair of sunglasses.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'd definitely wear sunglasses at that meeting, or better still, not attend it at all, but go on to something better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with mise- take this as an opportunity to make room for something better for yourself but, plead your case as valuable and creative. I completely understand the fear, been there- a lot of questions that aren't answered. A major shift is happening in almost every industry, the mag world is getting hit big. But- this will present you with alot of questions? And these questions will give you new ideas- maybe to be someplace or do something that you have always wanted to be involved with. this is the chance to stretch boldly. think of that carpet as a safe place not the proverbial what's happening next that is out of my control. Think-Big picture. Team up with fellow creative. Brainstorm. Birth new ideas. Experience and strong foundation are your assets. but if for today or the next few days you want dark sunglasses, i have a pair of dark prada, you can borrow. :) chin up! dear stylemaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments guys. And I may have to take you up on the dark Prada next time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I'm sorry, that's so stressful! I agree with both Mise and StyleMaker. Wear the sunglasses, but make sure to let in a little light, too :-) People always say this, and it sounds pithy, but some of my worst setbacks have given birth to great new directions. Here's hoping this will be the case for you, too!

    ReplyDelete