Sunday 1 November 2009

Bin Them or Keep Them?


Ok I have been a lover of the Converse for many years but I'm wondering if it's time to let them go. True story about one of the magazines I worked for. Converse trainers were the uniform for staff on the magazine and for those who wanted to be in it. It was our barometer into who was cool and who wasn't. Ok obviously more went into it like the house had to be gorgeous but I swear on my mother's life this canvas shoe played a big part in getting across the message. Relaxed but modern.  Whenever I was styling a shoot and it looked a little empty or I had to style the homeowner I would pull out a pair of  faithful canvas shoes (white were my favourite). BAAM the shot came to life. They were the good old simple days. Now though I'm thinking it's time for a change. What do you think? Should I bin them or keep them?

9 comments:

  1. Keep them!! My mum was buying me moccasins when I was a teen while my girlfriends were already hanging out in their converse and since I bought my first pair at Uni, I haven't looked back. I bought a pair of pink ones to Mila when she was three and now she is going through an aged khaki pair that looks super cool with her skinny jean from H&M. I will frame both pairs eventually. Converse age well and when I feel very French, I love wearing mine with a trench, pair of jeans and a white t-shirt like Charlotte Gainsbourg or her mum Jane Birkin
    http://bodieandfou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep them. I love white converse more than just about anything! I have a few vintage pair back when they were still made in the USA held back for when the ones I'm wearing die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys are hardcore converse owners. Im jealous of the vinatage collection and I love the idea of framing your kids and glaming them up to look like Charlotte Gainsbouring..,,I'm swaying to the keep them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep them! They may go out of style for a few years... but they always seem to come back again. Great blog by the way, found you on twitter first and then linked here. Your twitter feed is now added to my design-decor-furniture list. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep! I've been smitten with Converse since I coveted my brothers' Chucks. The adoration strengthened when my mother gave me her old pink hi-tops; and it is now complete with my sons, who scuff through theirs in about three months. (Love the blog, by the way.) Keep-keep-keep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a true classic never dies, chuck them in a cupboard and revisit them at a later date - I bet you fall in love with them all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love fashion shoes in shoes I like long shoes or boots I like your collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that boots thanks for sharing
    the awesome collection
    i reallu love ot

    ReplyDelete