photos by Jen Gotch
The weekend is coming up and I thought this recipe for infusing vodka with basil wasn't a bad idea to kick it off. It's very easy and a great way to spice up your average vodka. I really like this on the rocks or in a Bloody Mary...(hick-up)
- 2 large sprigs of basil
- 750ml bottle of premium vodka
- infusion jar with tight-sealing lid
- Rinse the basil to remove any unwanted chemicals. There is no need to chop or remove the stems.
- Place the basil into a clean quart-sized mason jar.
- Fill the jar with vodka.
- Secure the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Store the infusion in a dark place at room temperature for 4 days.
- Strain the vodka through a coffee filter into a seperate container.
- Store as you would any other vodka.